Mind mapping software can be a powerful tool for managing your own projects, your objectives and your to-do lists. Maps are extremely visually oriented and let you collect, manage and share a variety of resources and information quickly and easily.
Applications of mind Maps for project management
Here are some of the ways in which you can use any of the very popular mind mapping software applications such as MindManager, MindGenius or Concept Draw Mindmap to streamline your workload:
- Idea file: A mind map is an ideal place to store Ideas associated with your project. You can maintain another head map.
- Project aims: You can use a mind map to list aims Keep them at hand during the project and of the job focused on its outcome.
- Milestones: You can use your favorite mind mapping Program monitor the progress of important elements of this project and to define project milestones. Some software programs let you attach percentage done icons to jobs in your map which let you gauge your progress toward those important project milestones at a glance.
- Queries: A mind map is an excellent place to make a list of all the questions you has relevant questions and concerning the scope of the project.
- Information needs: You can use a mind map to make lists of the information, people you will need to contact for experience or advice and tools you will need to research requirements.
- Links to project Resources: it is easy to use your favorite mind mapping program to create links to web sites, files, reports and other project-related tools to which your staff members need quick, easy access.We have discovered this to be a large time-saver for me: Instead of wasting time searching through our document directories, searching for an important file or spreadsheet, we could make a link to it in our job map we do not need to search for it again.
- Define team roles and Responsibilities: you can make a branch of your map which concisely summarizes each team member’s roles and responsibilities.
- Experts and resources: You use a mind map to keep a list of Experts who you will need to contact for information associated with the project.
- Project notes: Most mind mapping applications allow you to Attach to the branches of your mind map. You can use this capability to store information. Storing them in this manner keeps them from view until you are prepared to look at them. At any time, you can drill down to read.
- Simplify task Management: Some Zen mind map computer software applications, such as MindManager and MindGenius, let you designate tasks with checkboxes. They let you do filter the entire contents of your map to reveal the tasks. Make certain to use this procedure and monitor them effectively.